The Thing in Spring in Peterborough, NH
WHEN: Friday – Sunday, June 8-10
WHERE: Various venues in Downtown Peterborough NH
TICKETS: Buy online from official website
Bringing together some of the biggest and best names in underground indie, folk, experimental, and rock, The Thing in the Spring would be completely at home in Brooklyn, San Francisco, or Los Angeles, but it happens right here in New England’s backyard!
Not only are there 5 free outdoor sets, 3 “main event” shows, 1 late show at the pub, and 1 DJ’ed afterparty, but there will also be the renowned Broke: the Affordable Arts Fair, a presentation of the films of acclaimed indie director Jem Cohen, and a Cartoon Cereal Party & Farm Breakfast.
This year, The Thing in the Spring will also have stage backdrops designed and installed by Vancouver visual artist LUKE RAMSEY! He’ll also be at Broke, which is an amazing art fair where 50 artists have their work for under $50! The Thing takes place through downtown Peterborough NH at various venues throughout the weekend!
Friday June 8 at Town Hall Peterborough
Friday June 8 at Harlow’s Pub
- Afterparty DJ’ed by AUSTIN WRIGHT!
- 10:30pm // 21+ // free
Saturday June 9 at Town Hall Peterborough
- BROKE: THE AFFORDABLE ARTS FAIR
- 50+ Artists selling work for under $50!!
- 10am-4pm // all agesFREE!
Saturday June 9 at Peterborough Historical Society
- THE FILMS OF JEM COHEN
- Presented in part by The MacDowell Colony
- Fugazi: Instrument, as well as shorter works featuring Patti Smith, Cat Power, R.E.M., and more!
- 12-5pm // all ages // free (donations accepted)
Sunday June 10 at Harlow’s Pub
- CARTOON CEREAL PARTY & FARM BREAKFAST
- presented by Sunnyfield Farm & Harlow’s Pub!
- 9am-1pm // all ages
- breakfast tickets will be available at the door, $12 for a full farm breakfast fresh from Sunnyfield Farm! cereal bowl will be $5 (good for multiple bowls), and you’ll have your choice of farm fresh milk, whole milk, skim, or soy.
- Sunday June 10 at Peterborough Historical Society